19th September 2022 Current Affairs PDF: Daily Current Affairs & News 2022
Candidates studying for examinations like the UPSC, PSC, Banking, SSC, and others should be conversant with current affairs in the Indian economy, defense, and international relations. To save you time and to help you prepare, we have compiled a list of the day's most significant current events. Reading current events every day, however, can be time-consuming. Testbook provides daily GK and current events in this post, and you may download all the pertinent news as a PDF. You may also test yourself on Current Affairs Quizzes to monitor your progress. Daily current affairs are available on Qsatish.com for studying significant occurrences. Learn about significant issues in the 19th September 2022 Current Affairs that may be tested in your next examinations, such as - The Ex-Servicemen Welfare, TSSC launches a centre of excellence with Huawei at NIT Patna, Adani Green commissions a 325 MW wind power project in Madhya Pradesh, Vijoy Kumar Singh takes over as Secretary, the Gross Direct Tax Collection increases by 30% in 2022–2023, and India surpasses China to become Sri Lanka's largest bilateral lender. Take the August Current Affairs Quiz and get the August Current Affairs Capsule.
Explore Himachal Pradesh
- A state in the western Himalayas of north India is called Himachal Pradesh.
- Capitals: Dharamshala and Shimla (summer) (Winter)
- Jai Ram Thakur is the chief minister.
- Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar is the governor.
- Tribes include the Kinnaur, Khampa, Lahauli, Gujjar, and Gaddi.
- Rivers of importance: Chenab, Ravi, Beas, Sutlej, and Yamuna
- Date of Foundation: 25 January 1971 Number of People: 6,864,602
Taking charge as Secretary for Ex-Servicemen's Welfare is Vijoy Kumar Singh
- On September 19, 2022, Vijoy Kumar Singh began serving as the Ministry of Defence's Secretary for Ex-Welfare. Servicemen's
- He is an IAS officer from the Punjab cadre who graduated in 1990 and has more than 32 years of administrative experience.
- He most recently worked as the Ministry of Textiles' Special Secretary.
- He had previously held the position of Joint Secretary in the Department of Personnel and Training.
TSSC establishes a centre of excellence with Huawei at NIT Patna.
- The Telecom Sector Skill Council (TSSC) has established a centre of excellence for capacity building at NIT Patna in collaboration with Huawei Technologies.
- It will be launched under the auspices of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- It will cater to positions in information and communications technology, cyber security, and so on.
- A five-year memorandum of understanding has been inked.
In 2022-23, gross direct tax collection will increase by 30%.
- In compared to 2021-22, gross direct tax receipts increased by 30% in the current fiscal year.
- The gross collection of direct taxes in 2022-23 is over 8,36,000 crore rupees as of September 17, 2022, compared to over 6,42,000 crore rupees in 2021-22.
- For the current fiscal year, net direct tax receipts have increased by 23%. (2022-23).
India has surpassed China to become Sri Lanka's top bilateral lender.
- India has surpassed China as Sri Lanka's top bilateral lender.
- In the first four months of 2022, India loaned the island country a total of 968 million US dollars.
- China has been Sri Lanka's top bilateral loan throughout the last five years, from 2017 to 2021.
- Sri Lanka had received approximately $4 billion in food and cash aid from India.
Piyush Goyal arrives in Saudi Arabia for a two-day visit.
- On September 18, 2022, Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal arrived in Saudi Arabia for a two-day visit.
- He met with Saudi Arabia's Royal Commission for Jubail Chairman and Yanbu Khalid Alsalem.
- He will co-chair the Economic and Investments Committee's inaugural Ministerial Meeting with Saudi Arabia's Energy Minister,
- Prince Abdul Aziz Bin Salman.
The National Conference of State Tourism Ministers officially starts.
- On September 18, a three-day National Conference of State Tourism Ministers of the country began in Dharamsala.
- At the Conference, several tourism-related problems, including tourist marketing in India, will be tackled.
- Ministers' suggestions will be considered in developing the National Tourism Policy.
- Following that, a Tourism Policy will be developed and introduced during the Budget Session.
Rajnath Singh arrives in Cairo for a two-day official visit.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh arrived in Cairo on September 18, 2022, on a two-day official visit.
- He will conduct bilateral meetings with General Mohamed Zaki, Minister of Defense and Defense Production.
- An MoU will also be inked between India and Egypt to offer additional momentum to expanded defence cooperation.
- The bilateral defence ties will be reviewed by the two Ministers.
The Indian Navy hosts the ENC Yachting Championship in Visakhapatnam.
- The Indian Navy Watermanship Training Centre hosted the ENC Yachting Championship in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- It was place from September 13 to September 18, 2022.
- The Championship was attended by 46 yachtsmen and 8 yachtswomen.
- Local Ashore B was crowned the overall winner, with Fleet B finishing second in the Championship.
Manoj Sinha, the LG of J&K, dedicates a 120-foot-tall national flag to the country.
- Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha of Jammu and Kashmir dedicated a 120-foot-tall national flag to the country on September 18, 2022, at Pulwama, South Kashmir.
- He also set the groundwork for a number of youth-oriented initiatives in the area totaling 9.11 crore rupees.
- The new efforts are intended to empower young people, promote self-development, and enhance skills.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands has been designated as India's first Swachh Sujal Pradesh.
- Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, Union Jal Shakti Minister, has designated Andaman and Nicobar Islands to be India's first Swachh Sujal Pradesh.
- All villages on Andaman and Nicobar Island are now recognised as Har Ghar Jal and free of open defecation.
- The islands of Andaman and Nicobar Admiral DK Joshi is the Lieutenant Governor.
- Port Blair is the capital.
- 3 divisions
Telangana will boost ST reservation from 6% to 10%.
- Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao has promised that the state government will boost ST reservations to 10% from the current 6%.
- The state government also plans to adopt the Girijana Bandhu system for tribals, similar to the Dalit Bandhu scheme for scheduled castes in the state.
- Each tribal family in the state will receive Rs 10 lakh under this programme to help them start their own companies.
Bihar will implement a mandatory sports period and a "no-bag day" in schools.
- To ease the strain on children, the Bihar government has decided to implement a "no-bag day" regulation in schools, as well as a required sports period at least once a week.
- 'No-bag day' will focus on hands-on and experiential learning.
- The state government's new programme is in accordance with the National Education Policy 2020.
- Nitish Kumar, the Chief Minister
- Phagu Chauhan is the governor.
- Patna is the capital.
Tamil Nadu declares Nanjarayan Tank to be a bird sanctuary.
- In September 2022, the Tamil Nadu government issued an order to establish a bird sanctuary at Nanjarayan Tank in Tiruppur district.
- Nanjarayan Tank, which would include around 126 hectares of land in Tiruppur district, will be Tamil Nadu's 17th bird sanctuary.
- Previously, in December 2021, the state government designated the Kazhuveli wetland in Villupuram as the 'Kazhuveli Birds Sanctuary.'
- M K Stalin is the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
Vanessa Nakate, a climate activist, has been appointed as UNICEF's Goodwill Ambassador.
- Vanessa Nakate, a 25-year-old Ugandan climate activist, has been named the organization's newest Goodwill Ambassador.
- UNICEF has honoured her for her exceptional worldwide activism for climate justice for present and future generations.
- UNICEF just named actress Millie Bobby Brown its youngest-ever Goodwill Ambassador.
- Headquarters of UNICEF: New York
- Catherine M. Russell, President
Maharashtra would establish an entity similar to NITI Aayog.
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde has given his approval in principle to a plan to establish an organisation similar to NITI Aayog.
- The organisation would be set up to do extensive data analysis and make informed judgments in a variety of fields.
- NITI Aayog, established in 2015, is the federal government's highest public policy think tank and the nodal organisation entrusted with catalysing economic development.
Virendra Kumar, Minister of Social Justice, inaugurates nine model DDRCs.
- On September 18, 2022, Union Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Virendra Kumar inaugurated nine District Disability Rehabilitation Centres (DDRCs).
- Badaun, Pilibhit, Barielly, Balaghat, Golaghat, Ahmedabad, Amravati, Kullu, and Rampur are among the nine DDRCs.
- Persons with Disabilities will have access to services such as hearing aid testing labs, speech therapy rooms, and psychologist rooms at these DDRCs.
Bajrang Punia takes bronze in the World Wrestling Championships in 2022.
- On September 18, 2022, Bajrang Punia won bronze in the men's 65kg division at the World Wrestling Championships in Belgrade.
- Bajrang thus became the first Indian to win four medals at the World Wrestling Championships.
- He defeated Sebastian Rivera of Puerto Rico 11-9 to clinch India's second medal of the tournament.
- Vinesh Phogat had previously won bronze in the women's 53kg tournament on September 14.
Devendra Jhajharia takes second place in the World Para Athletics Grand Prix.
- Devendra Jhajharia, an Indian javelin thrower and Paralympic gold medallist, won silver at the World Para Athletics Grand Prix in Morocco on September 17, 2022.
- Devendra won the silver medal with a javelin throw of 60.97 metres.
- Devendra has three Paralympic medals to his name.
- The World Para Athletics Grand Prix was held in Morocco from September 15 to September 17, 2022.
The sixth edition of the Japan-India Maritime Exercise 'JIMEX' has come to an end.
- The sixth iteration of the Japan India Maritime Exercise 'JIMEX,' organised by the Indian Navy, finished on September 17, 2022, in the Bay of Bengal.
- JIMEX, which debuted in Japan in 2012, celebrated its tenth anniversary with this edition.
- The drill, which began on September 11, consisted of two phases: exercises at sea and a port phase at Visakhapatnam.
Bengaluru FC wins its first Durand Cup after beating Mumbai City FC.
- Bengaluru FC defeated Indian Super League (ISL) powerhouse Mumbai City FC to win its first and 131st Durand Cup.
- Bengaluru FC has won their eighth domestic title.
- For the first time, the 2022 Durand Cup was played across three states.
- From the 16th of August to the 18th of September 2022, 47 matches were contested in three cities: Kolkata, Guwahati, and Imphal.
- First Durand Cup: 1888
17 September is International Red Panda Day.
- Every year on the third Saturday of September, International Red Panda Day is observed.
- This day will fall on September 17, 2022.
- This day is observed to raise awareness about red panda conservation concerns.
- The rainy mountain forests of India, Nepal, Bhutan, northern Myanmar, and central China are home to red pandas.
- This holiday was first observed in 2010.